Whether you operate as a sole trader, partnership, or a limited company, it is likely that you will need an accountant to help prepare your end of year accounts, tax returns and financial statements. Abac can also help you manage your finances, grow your business and offer you the best support to maximise your wealth and minimise your taxes.
So if looking for a new accountant, how do you find the right one?
- Choose an accountancy firm that you know that you can trust. If you do not know if they are trustworthy, you could ask for a testimonial from an existing client.
- Make sure that they hold the proper qualifications and are regulated by a recognised accounting body.
- Get an accountant who is respected by HM Revenue & Customs, and you will have less hassle with you tax affairs.
- Get an accountant who is respected by your bank manager, and they will be more likely to help and support you in your expansion plans.
- Ensure that the accountancy firm has enough resources to look after your affairs in a prompt and professional manner.
- Make sure that the accountancy firm has the necessary skills and expertise to advise you on your business and tax affairs.
What can you do if your existing accountant doesn’t measure up?
You shouldn’t stay with any supplier if you don’t think they are doing a good job for you. Many business owners stay with a poor accountant despite the fact that it causes them sleepless nights and costs them a lot of money. Changing accountants is quite a simple process. Once you have told your existing accountant that you have decided to leave, your new accountant will contact them to obtain all the necessary information. And you can change accountant at any time during the year.
For a free discussion about your accountancy requirements with Abac Chartered Accountants, please contact us today.