- The car benefit is calculated by multiplying the car’s list price, when new, by a percentage linked to the car’s CO2 emissions.
- For diesel cars generally add a 4% supplement (unless the car is registered on or after 1 September 2017 and meets the Euro 6d emissions standard). The overall maximum percentage is capped at 37%.
- The list price includes accessories.
- The list price is reduced for capital contributions made by the employee up to £5,000.
- Special rules may apply to cars provided for disabled employees.
- For cars registered before 1 January 1998 and cars with no agreed CO2 emissions the charge is based on engine size.
|CO2 emissions (g/km)
(round down to nearest 5g/km for values above 95)
|% of car’s list price taxed|
|51 up to 75||19|
|76 up to 94||22|
|165 and above||37|