Fermanagh and Omagh District Council have opened the Covid-19 Business Recovery & Revitalisation Grant Scheme on Thursday 17th September 2020 with the aim of supporting economic recovery and revitalisation of local businesses in the district.
This is a capital grant scheme for property owners/tenants of eligible business/commercial properties to apply for the purchase of new capital items (including infrastructure) that will help their business to adapt and implement social distancing measures in adherence with Covid-19 guidelines, which will help to protect both staff and customers.
You can secure 100% funding on eligible costs up to a maximum grant of £2,500 (Minimum £500), with maximum project costs being capped at £9,999.99.
There is one rolling application process until all funds are allocated therefore it is on a first come, first served basis.
Eligible improvements may include (this list is not exhaustive):
- Infrastructure to meet social distancing requirements.
- Awnings/canopies to protect customers who may have to queue to enter business premises.
- Outdoor furniture such as covered seating (tables, chairs)
- External heaters
- Digital screens and Signage
- Equipment to allow widening of footpaths to support social distancing and the safe movement of people through our town centres such as pedestrian safety barriers.
- Any adaptions necessary to the internal layout of the business premises to ensure compliance with Covid-19 social distancing protocols (e.g., flexi-panels/screens at counters, one way systems, building / remodelling works, etc.).
- Equipment to allow the business to operate safely and provide reassurance to customers, e.g. freestanding hand sanitiser stations, etc. Internal/external shopper collection points to avoid customers having to fully enter the business premises.
- Retrospective items i.e. work or items which already completed or underway
- Works which require planning permission which is not in place prior to works commencing
- Works/Renovations which do not assist the business to meet Covid-19 Government Regulations
- Hire Purchase of goods
- Consumable items such as: hand sanitiser, PPE, visors etc.
- Websites cannot be funded
- Software must be purchased with hardware
- Statutory and Licencing fees (e.g. Building Control Approval, Planning Permission etc), etc. Insurances, Interest (on loans taken out to fund your building project)
- VAT (except if the applicant is not VAT registered)
- Salaries/Wages cost
- Professional Fees
- Works to vacant properties and/or residential properties
Who can apply:
Your business must be:
- Urban and rural town businesses located within the settlement areas as outlined
in the Fermanagh and Omagh district,
- An existing, registered private business that is actively trading commercially for at least the last 3 months,
- Able to provide HMC self-assessment number, company number or charity number,
- Able to provide a bank statement (or other financial institution account for the sole purpose of business, ie. Separate from personal financials) in the name of your business dated in the last 3 months must also be provided.
Properties that are ineligible to apply for grant aid include government
organisations, political organisations, churches, community and voluntary groups,
financial institutions and mainstream agricultural activities are not eligible.
For more information about this grant please contact the FODC’s business support team here:
Telephone: 0300 303 1777